Suspect in Takeoff’s murder indicted on a murder charge
A man was indicted in the death of Takeoff, who was fatally shot outside a Houston bowling in November. KTRK reports Patrick Xavier Clark was indicted on a murder charge and continues to claim his innocence.
“(Thursday’s) action by the grand jury is not unexpected. We would ask people to remember that getting an indictment requires meeting a very, very minimal standard of proof,” Clark’s lawyer said in a statement. “When we get inside a courtroom and in front of a jury, where we will be able to put on our evidence and cross-examine the state’s witnesses where the standard of proof is guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, we expect the jury will come back with a verdict of not guilty.”
Takeoff was shot to death on November 1 while outside 810 Billiards and Bowling. He had been standing among a crowd of people when Quavo got into an argument over a game of dice, which resulted in gunfire. He eventually succumbed to gunshot wounds.
Detectives say Clark was caught on camera with a wine bottle and the gun that allegedly killed Takeoff. His fingerprints on the bottle led to authorities identifying him as the shooter. They also suspect Clark killed the rapper because of the “direction” in which he was shooting the gun.
Clark was arrested in December and found with lots of cash at the time of his arrest; he’d purchased tickets to Mexico two days before and had received an expedited passport.
Clark posted bond the following month and was ordered to remain under house arrest.
In other Takeoff news, Quavo is honoring his nephew with his forthcoming album, Rocket Power. Third Migos member Offset, who is not related to the two, admitted it’s hard to talk about Take. “That s*** hurts,” he told Variety.
Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.