Below are the basic bullet points of the 12 million dollar settlement reached between Bronna Taylor’s family and the City of Louisville.
- The city of Louisville has agreed to pay Breonna Taylor’s family $12 million in a settlement six months after she was shot dead by police
- The financial payment is the largest amount the city has ever paid in relation to a police misconduct lawsuit
- It will also include a series of police reforms, including that police commanders must approve all search warrants in advance
- Taylor was killed back in March when Louisville police burst into her apartment using a so-called ‘no-knock’ arrest warrant
- The settlement is in response to a wrongful death lawsuit that Taylor’s family filed against the city and its police department back in April.